For those of you wanting to know what took us so long - well, it's been a challenge integrating ebrary into the James Bennett system. This is not due to our close and long-standing relationship with our other ebook vendor, EBL, but due to the use of the ISBN as the primary identifier in the James Bennett database. Publishers generally use one e-ISBN across multiple ebook systems and platforms. Our database links one ISBN to a vendor and our IT team has spent years working their way through all the e-ISBN issues including pricing, markets, special prices, loans/rentals, and more. We won't go into details today but you can probably imagine our relief this project is nearly finished and we can represent many more digital products in future.
That said, we have represented ebrary's subscription product for public libraries for over 12 months. That was easy to manage in the database and through our Standing Orders area. Contact your account representative for a demo or contact the eResources team to set up a trial for you.
So, want to know more about ebrary? Here's just a snapshot!
Key features and benefits
- Works on multiple devices
- Contextual linking across multiple online resources with InfoTools™
- Unique ability to upload and integrate a library’s own digital content with DASH! and Software as a Service (SaaS) Shareable bookshelves that automatically store links
- Notes and highlights
- Multiple options for searching and navigating
- Automatic citations when text is printed or copied and pasted into Word or any text applications. Citations include an automatic URL hyperlink back to the source
- Ability to transform text into a hyperlink to a URL of the end-user’s choice
- Text-to-speech and other keyboard shortcuts to assist end-users with special accessibility needs
- Available in multiple languages including English, Arabic, Chinese (simplified), French, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Swedish, and Turkish, with additional languages in the works
- Compatibility with a range of discoverability and technology services including the ProQuest platform, SerialsSolutions Summon™, Ex Libris SFX, Doody’s Core Titles, Eduserv OpenAthens, Shibboleth®, Blackboard, RefWorks, EndNote, Moodle, and moreFree on-demand MARC records
- COUNTER-compliant usage statics
And of course, order your library's ebrary titles through your trusted library supplier, James Bennett. We aim to provide you with the best from the digital world with our renowned - and superior - local service.
A formal media release will follow in due course.